Port & Logistics
A hub designed to meet your needs
Windea supports you when it counts – whether you need an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) base or temporary logistical support for maintenance campaigns. Our facilities are strategically located in three of the major base ports along the North Sea and Baltic Sea coasts. Windea is thus well-positioned to support the O&M works of offshore wind farms in these regions.
Our largest service hub in Eemshaven (NL) features warehouses, open storage space, bunkering services, waste management services, agency services, and a heliport. Whether you need a full-service solution or a custom-fit selection of services we got it covered.
We have successfully developed and built two custom O&M bases. This was done in direct partnership with the original manufacturers responsible for producing the wind turbine equipment. Both these bases are on long-term lease to clients and operated by our EMO teams. The successful concepts created for these bases are currently being reproduced in Sassnitz-Mukran on the Island of Rugia (Rügen). Here a similar O&M base is going to be established by 2022.
Our teams operate at multiple base port locations:
- Emden with an independent Jetty and a service spot “Port Knock” outside the locks
- Heligoland with a ferry operator
- Norddeich as the base port of our CTVs
From design and development of a new O&M base from scratch or simply providing temporary logistical support.
- O&M bases for Siemens Gamesa & Merkur Offshore (since 2015)
- Heliport operator (since 2020)
- O&M base for Vestas (under construction)
- Operation of “Haus 17” Hostel
- Logistics Management for Trianel Windpark Borkum
- Maintenance Campaign Base with Vestas for Borkum Riffgrund (2018),
- base for CTV supply runs with ADWEN on Global Tech I
- Warehousing & Berths
- Waste Handling